City & Wine Express • €59
The city of Strasbourg, with its indescribable charm and flair serves as the perfect host and backdrop for this event. The part of Strasbourg we will visit is called the “Grande Ile” and is a UNESCO world heritage site. As the beautiful Cathedral Notre Dame is the spectacular center point of the old city, Petite France is the quaintest part of the old town with many half-timbered houses. This weekend is special, as each year around that time the association of Independent Wine Growers (Vignerons Indépendants of France), comprised of almost 10,000 winemakers, and hosts an impressive wine fair in Strasbourg.
Wine growers arrive from the most famous regions of France to present their varietals of wine at cellar direct prices, including the famous regions of Alsace, Bordeaux, Bourgogne-Beaujolais, Champagne and Cognac. Wine connoisseurs travel from all corners of Europe to attend the event to stock their cellars and collections for the year ahead. Strasbourg is a very walkable city and this tour allows for plenty of free time to shop for wine and explore the Fair or stroll through the town and have a Strasbourg day like the locals do; with delicious aperitifs to get in the Sunday mood and a long and copious typical Alsatian lunch followed by a late afternoon stroll before darkness falls and it is time to head home.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0830
- Returns 2000
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є59 All passengers
- Not recommended for children under.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Entrance fee to Wine Exhibition
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals and beverages not mentioned above and items of a personal nature are not included.
- Please bring small trolley or hand cart for your purchases
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.