Chocolate & Cheese • €89
This tour invites serious foodies to get up-close and personal with the Swiss culinary traditions of cheese-making in Appenzell and chocolate-making in the “Chocolarium,” just south of Lake Constance.
Traditions set the pace in Appenzeller life, especially when it comes to enjoyment. The region has many delicious and traditional specialties to offer, and our first visit will take us to the Appenzeller Cheese region. The secret has been kept for centuries: the fact that cows still graze on lushes green meadows and the secret recipe for the herbal brine both lend the cheese a unique flavor. Today we are invited to learn, watch and taste!
Next, it is time for a break, and where better to spend it in than the charming town of St. Gallen? The famous Cathedral in the city center provides the perfect backdrop to this charming “car free” town that invites us to saunter about and relax. Enjoy melted raclette or fondue in one of the typical restaurants (not included) before we set out to visit the second delicious specialty of the region, found in Maestrani’s “Chocolarium.”
Our motto here: Discover – be Amazed – Enjoy! Enter Maestrani’s fantastic world of chocolate, the only Swiss factory that reveals its “chocolate production heart” to its visitors and unveils the sweet secret as to why chocolate brings happiness and how the happiness makes its way inside the chocolate to begin with. Be fascinated with the 100 meter long chocolate machine, and discover the latest chocolate traditions—your sweet-tooth is most welcome!
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0400
- Returns 2330
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є89 Adults
- Є79 Children 3-11 years
- Not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Appenzeller Cheese Factory
- Appenzeller Cheese Tasting
- Visit Chocolarium Chocolate Tasting
- Free time in St. Gallen
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes moderate walking.