Cheesy Sweet Adventure • €149
Come with us for a delectable ride on the Swiss Chocolate Train! Tickle your taste buds with a sweet start to our Swiss railroad adventure - tasty cocoa and chocolate croissants (included). Our ride begins as we travel in classic comfort with a stunning panoramic view of the Swiss Riviera and the vineyards surrounding Montreux. Next, we ascend into the charming countryside surrounding Gruyères, where we continue by bus. In Gruyeres we discover the mysteries of how the town's world-renowned cheese is made at the Maison du Gruyère, with a cheese factory tour and tasting. Afterwards you are free to explore this historic town at your own pace: visit the magnificent 13th-century Castle of Gruyères, enjoy a “cheesy” meal at a local restaurant (not included) or simply take in the natural scenery. Movie buffs shouldn’t miss a quick espresso in our personal favorite, HR Giger’s Café & Museum, which celebrates the artist’s peculiar aesthetic, famously seen in his design of the sets and monsters in the “Aliens” movie franchise.
Next, we travel on to the town of Broc, home to the Nestlé chocolate factory, “Maison Cailler.” During our tour you’ll learn the sweet story of chocolate and stroll the factory while watching real candy being made - all guaranteed to send your sweet tooth into overdrive! Your cravings will be satisfied with an “all you can taste” chocolate tasting experience at the end of the tour. With the day at its end, we will climb aboard our coach, ready for sweet dreams as we return to Ramstein.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
|Jan||Jul|| 7 & 21
|Feb||Aug|| 4 & 18
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0200
- Returns 2230
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є149 Adults
- Є139 Children 0-5 years
- Not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Historical Swiss Chocolate Train ride
- Hot beverage & chocolate croissant on the train
- Gruyere Cheese Factory tour with tasting
- Visit to the quaint town of Gruyeres
- Nestle Cailler Chocolate Factory Tour with “all you can eat” chocolate tasting
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes moderate walking.