Basel & Freiburg • €TBA
Experience Christmas without borders! Swiss Basel’s downtown area, aglow with Christmas lights, features a magnificent Christmas tree adorned with ornaments by decorator Johann Wanner and a Christmas fairy-tale forest adventure playground where your little elves can pour candles and decorate gingerbread. Be inspired by 180 small, rustic wooden chalets where different vendors offer their goods to put you right into that magical holiday mood.
The second half of our adventure varies by date.
On November 25, we will visit the quaint Alsatian markets in beautiful Colmar, France. Colmar features 5 separate markets, each with a different flavor, including a traditional French market (Place Jeanne d’Arc), a children’s market (la Petite Venise) and an indoor crafts fair (The Koifhus).
On 9 December, we cross the border back into Germany and visit Freiburg. Towering over the town is the 380-ft spire of the Gothic Cathedral. This Black Forest town is famous for artistic handmade goods, felt produce, and high quality ceramics, with stalls that allow you to witness and even try your hand at producing artisanal blown glass.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
2018 DeparturesDates for this tour TBA
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs TBA
- Returns TBA
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- ЄTBA Adults
- ЄTBA Children
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- RTT Tour Guide
- Additional included items TBA
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes moderate walking.