The Best in Swiss Celebrations • €89
Lucerne, known throughout Europe as the “City of Lights,” is framed by the stunning Swiss Alps and the pristine shores of Lake Lucerne. Travel with us on this alpine extravaganza of natural beauty for the best in Swiss cheeses and festivals. Have you ever wondered where all those holes in Swiss cheese come from? We’ll solve this mystery on our first stop to the traditional Emmentaler Dairy Show! We’ll take a tour with a local cheese expert through four cheese dairy generations and learn all the fascinating aspects of producing artisanal Swiss cheese. After a well-deserved late breakfast snack and cheese sampling (beverages not included) we will continue our drive through the ravishing beauty of the Swiss countryside to Lucerne.
Romantic and quaint, the iconic Chapel Bridge’s scenic alpine water extends in both directions to make Lucerne one of the world’s prettiest cities. Once in the city it’s festival time! Lucerne’s “Fest mit Herz” (with heart) combines the former Old Town Fest and the Lake Fest into the biggest celebration in central Switzerland. Your senses are sure to come alive with all the color, music, high spirits and foodie delights.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
2018 Departures30 Jun
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0500
- Returns 0200
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є89 Adults
- Є79 Children ages 3-11
- Not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Emmentaler Schaukäserei
- Cheese show & Tasting
- Late Breakfast snack
- Free time at the City Fest in Lucerne
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes a considerable amount of walking.