Celebrate the Tasty Tyrolean Knödel • €239
Belly up to the worlds longest dumpling table for a feast you’ll never forget! Clocking in at 500 meters in length, this dinning behemoth has achieved cult status among foodies worldwide. Over 26,000 mouth-watering dumplings will be made during the event by 19 local masters in 26 sweet and savory varieties. Sample everything from the traditional Cheese + Bacon Dumplings to sweet Plum + Vanilla + Chocolate Dumplings and everything delicious in between. The table winds its way through the streets of St. Johann in Tyrol, creating a one of a kind open-air restaurant.
Day 1: After a afternoon departure to Austria, we arrive at our typical Tyrolian country hotel with plenty of time to rest up for a fun filled Austrian weekend.
Day 2: After a hearty breakfast at the hotel (included) we set out to explore the “Knödel-marathon.” This begins with a parade of the landlords & restaurant owners entering the festivities, accompanied by traditional live Austrian folk music (entrance fee included). When the cooking starts the aroma of bacon, cheese, plum, vanilla and cinnamon fill the streets and will surely tempt you to indulge in dumplings of all flavors. Eat, drink and fill your belly in a town that celebrates food and fun in the most unique way. Dance the night and dumpling calories away to live music until it’s time to return to our hotel.
Day 3: After a hearty breakfast (included), with a happy dumpling-filled-belly, we set out to explore Salzburg, one of Austria’s most popular cities! After a photo stop at Castle Schloss Hellbrunn and Castle Schloss Leopoldskron, well known beyond borders due to the Trapp-Family and the famous “Sound of Music,” we continue to Salzburg to enjoy some free time. We invite you to spend the day at your own leisure, perhaps with a visit to the Mozart house or the Castle Hohensalzburg (not included). Our late afternoon departure ensures an arrival back to Ramstein just before midnight.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
|Jan||Jul||Book by 20 July|
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 1600
- Returns 2330
Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park at the designated long-term parking area (nearest the roundabout), your tour guide will provide you with a parking pass to place on your dashboard.
- Є239 Adults
- €289 per person single room
- €189 per child age 4-12 sharing room with 2 adults
- Not recommended for children under 4 years of age due to the nature of the tour.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- 2 Overnights in a typical Tyrolean Country Hotel
- 2 Breakfast Buffets
- Entrance to the Dumpling Fest St. Johann
- Photo stop visit at Castle Hellbrunn and Castle Leopoldskron
- Free time in Salzburg
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals & beverages not mentioned under "Included Items" and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €50 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes extensive periods of walking.