Special Event Day Trip • €TBAJoin us on an overnight adventure to the Czech Republic where we explore the darker sides and the fascinating legends of two unique Bohemian cities. First, we visit the “Golden City” of Prague before venturing on to Kutna Hora.
Day 1: Upon arrival in Prague, we will enjoy a hearty breakfast (included), before we join our local guide for a walking tour around the Cathedral, Old Town and Prague Castle, the largest preserved fortress from the middle ages in all of Europe. From atop the castle hill we will take in the panoramic view of 500 church spires and the silvery winding ribbon of the Vltava (Moldau) River. After the castle tour you will have some free time explore the sights, enjoy lunch (not included) or shop for Bohemian art and treasures.
Our evening begins with traditional Bohemian 3-course dinner (included) at a restaurant downtown. Next, we will join our guide for a creepy tour in the dark streets of Prague. We’ll hear ancient Ghost stories, visit the graves of legends and explore dungeons with medieval torture devices. This night tour will expose the dark and gruesome historic underbelly of Prague in a way you have never seen before…
Day 2: After breakfast (included), we journey about 45 minutes south east of Prague to a town called Kutna Hora (Kuttenberg). Here we’ll visit the Sedlec Ossuary, a small Roman Catholic Chapel located beneath the Cemetery Church of All Saints, one of the twelve World Heritage Sites in the Czech Republic. The Ossuary is estimated to contain the skeletons of 40,000 to 70,000 people, whose bones have artistically arranged to form decorations and furnishings for the chapel. An enormous chandelier of bones, containing at least one of every bone in the human body, hangs in the chapel center, adorned by garlands made of skulls. The unique macabre beauty of the ornaments found here will haunt you. After a guided tour and some free time to explore the city and grab some lunch (not included), we start our journey home.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
2018 DeparturesDates for this tour TBA
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs TBA
- Returns TBA
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- ЄTBA Adults
- ЄTBA Children 3-11 years
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- RTT Tour Guide
- Additional included items TBA
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes moderate walking.