3 Nights / 4 Days • €TBA
Day 1: Depart Frankfurt on a morning flight and join us for an unforgettable experience in Romania. After arriving in Bucharest, first mentioned by this name in 1459 by Prince Vlad Dracula himself, we board our modern coach and travel deep into Transylvania, to Brasov, located 160km from Bucharest and surrounded like a halo by the Carpathian Mountains. Check in at the modern hotel in Brasov. In the evening, a festive dinner and folklore show will be a great setting for a first impression of what this country has in store for us.
Day 2: You may not awake to the howling of wolves, but after breakfast a mysterious and fascinating country awaits you. A guided city tour shows you the highlights of Brasov, one of three major centers of Transylvania established in Vlad’s time. It was in Brasov that Vlad enjoyed his meals while hundreds of villagers died on stakes at the base of Timpa Hill. Enjoy free time until we continue to Bran Castle, “Dracula’s Castle,” originally built as a stronghold by the Knights of the Teutonic Order in 1212.
Vlad Tepes, the Impaler, used Bran Castle as headquarters for his incursions into Transylvania. Bran is home to a rich collection of Romanian and foreign furniture and art items from the 14th-19th centuries. Transfer to the Hotel in Sibiu. To round out the day, we will visit a regional mountain farmer’s lodge where we will savor a very typical Romanian meal, almost in his parlor. And after a little digestive help in the form of a local Schnaps, the host usually gets out his guitar and sings with the visitors.
Day 3: After a hearty breakfast we start on our walking tour through Sibiu, visiting the Black Church (entrance included) and the Citadel of Sibiu which was for centuries one of the largest and best fortified in Europe. Sibiu’s Old Town retains the grandeur of its earlier days when rich and powerful guilds dominated regional trade. The Goldsmiths Square (Piata Aurarilor) is pockmarked with medieval windows, doorways and turrets and is connected to the Small Square through a stairway of astonishing beauty. Afterwards we set out to Sighisoara. The town is located in the Romanian wine region and was named in Bram Stoker’s novel “Dracula”.
After arriving in Sighisoara we first visit the hill top Monastery, one of the town’s most important landmarks. Afterwards we tour the birth house of famous Vlad the Impaler, who was born in the 15th century in one of the more stately houses. Check in to the hotel for the night before heading out for an unforgettable Halloween dinner at the rustic and traditional restaurant “Dracula” in town. Get some sleep in advance, because you’ll be up late howling at the moon. Bring your favorite Halloween costume so you are not an easy target for those creatures roaming by night.
Day 4: After checkout and breakfast, we drive into Bucharest (5hrs). After a short tour of the city of Bucharest, we visit the Eastern Orthodox Patriarch’s Church (entrance included) and afterwards visit the Palace of Parliament (from the outside), one of the most famous buildings in Romania and known universally as Casa Poporului - The House of the People. The palace was built during the darkest days of the Ceausescu’s regime and is the second biggest administrative building in the world! After some free time, Transfer to the airport in the evening and say goodbye to the land of Dracula.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
Advance booking is recommended due to a limited amount of seats.
- Flight departs Frankfurt airport, details provided upon booking confirmation.
- Bus transfer option to/from Frankfurt airport: round-trip €TBA per person.
- Є749 Adults
- Є699 Child 6-11 years staying in the same room with 2 full paying adults
- This tour is not recommended for children under the 6 years of age. EU laws requires all child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- Round trip flights Frankfurt – Bucharest – Frankfurt (return via Munich)
- Transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport, Romania
- Airport Taxes
- 1 piece, 23 kg (50lbs) luggage allowance
- 1 overnight in an upper-class tourist Hotel in Brasov
- 1 overnight in an upper-class tourist Hotel in Sibiu
- 1 overnight in an upper-class tourist Hotel in Sighisoara
- 3 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners, incl. rustic Halloween dinner and festive dinner with folklore show
- Program as per itinerary
- Entrance fees according to program
- Local English speaking tour guide
- Experienced RTT Tour escort
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- Tips and items of a personal nature
- Meals and beverages not mentioned per itinerary
- Single room supplement: €TBA
- Insurance (several packages are available at RTT)
- If tour costs increase unexpectedly, RTT reserves the right to pass these on to the customer (up to 10% of the tour price)
- Bus transfer option to/from Frankfurt.
- From the day of booking up to 35 days prior to departure: €180
- 34-22 days prior to departure: 35% of tour price, later 90% fees apply.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- Full payment required 5 weeks prior to departure.
- Additional $20 per person RTT administrative service fee for cancellation.
- All USA travelers must possess a valid US tourist passport, valid until 6 months after the tour ends, with at least two empty visa pages. Other nationalities are required to check with the Romanian embassy for proper travel documents.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- Romania is a developing country for visitors open to new adventures and rustic amenities.
- Advance booking is necessary due to limited seats!
- Some tour days include long hours on the bus.
- All tour destinations require good walking abilities.
- Steps and cobblestone walkways are a daily part of the tour. Itinerary subject to change without notice.