Slow Food Fun • €89Join RTT for a day that is food-focused and experience “Slow Food,” the new mouthwatering foodie trend in Europe. Today, we leave fast food behind and travel to Bern, Switzerland to celebrate and enjoy food in a new way at the Slow Food Fair. The Slow Food organization and movement began in Italy with the aim of saving traditions, regional specialties and a slower pace of life. The movement strives to nourish traditional cuisine and farm to table local food production encouraging a more natural and traditional approach to farming. Members and participants foster the a strong connection between plate, planet, people and culture.
The heart of this exhibition is “Der Markt” (The Market), an experience for all senses! The enormous hall presents a rich variety of regional products and merchants for you to discover, taste and shop from. Exhibitors from all over Switzerland will be participating, presenting items such as cheese, chocolate, wine, beer, oil, spices and much more. In addition to the market, there is time to stroll through Bern, the capital of Switzerland. Ranked within the world’s top ten cities of best quality of life, this medieval city offers a variety of sights to discover, such as the Bärengraben (bear pit) and park, 15th century Gothic Cathedral, town hall of the same age and the Albert Einstein house.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0430
- Returns 2300
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є89 Adults
- Є79 Children 3-16 years
- Not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Entrance fee to Food Exhibition
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals and beverages not mentioned above and items of a personal nature are not included.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.