Rose Monday Parade • €39
The three days of Fasching are known in Germany as the “crazy days”. The last Monday before Ash Wednesday is called Rose Monday – Rosenmontag. Colorful parades are held in many communities, similar to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. One of the most famous is Germany is in the city of Mainz where Fasching is celebrated as a city-wide custom and is known as the “5th season."
Watch the enormous Grand Parade make their way through the streets of Mainz, accompanied by magnificent Brass Bands, catching candy and treats flying through the air. RTT takes you there to celebrate in your own fashion. Wear a costume and fit in like a local! In any case, dress warmly and be prepared for all kinds of foolishness and fun!
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0830
- Returns 1800
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є39 Adults
- Є29 Children 0-11 years
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals and beverages not mentioned above and items of a personal nature are not included.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.