Special Event Day Trip • €TBA
This trip is a must for Christmas Market connoisseurs! Valkenburg is not just a Christmas Market, but a town with an extensive cave system running underneath it. Known as the Velvet Cave, this underground system was formerly used as escape routes and shelters during war times. The caves now set the stage for a delightful holiday experience with special displays for Santa Claus workshop, his room of presents and his reindeer and sleigh along with stalls of handcrafted treasures for purchase.
During your visit be sure to admire the wall murals, sculptures and the unique 18th century chapel. The twinkling lights, merry music and aromas of Christmas baked goods that flood the caves are sure to get you in the mood for the holidays! The Valkenburg Caves provide a truly unique experience as well as great opportunity to shop for traditional Dutch Christmas crafts, goodies, or to view a Christmas exhibition, all of which are set up in the caves. Entrance to the main cave is included. This popular tour is not your average Christmas Market!
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
2018 DeparturesDates for this tour TBA
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs TBA
- Returns TBA
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- ЄTBA Adults
- ЄTBA Children 3-11 years
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- RTT Tour Guide
- Additional included items TBA
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes moderate walking.