Romance in Flowers • €89
Our first stop on the Tulip Express will take us to the Clara Maria Farm, where the age-old tradition of cheese production and wooden shoe making will be brought to life by the van Wees Family. After a traditional Dutch breakfast provided by the farm host and hostess (included), experience the Dutch tradition of making cheese, with a demonstration from start to the finish with tasty cheese samples! After shopping opportunities for traditional Dutch wares, we continue on to the Keukenhof Spring Gardens (entrance fee included).
The park displays millions of perennial bulbs and lilies throughout many outdoor landscapes and indoor pavilions, all showcasing different and inspirational displays based on a new theme each year. The year’s theme will be “Romance in Flowers,” both are inseparable and, after all, the park was created in the midst of the European Romantic period. The masterpiece will be a tulip mosaic made of 50.000 bulbs, planted in two layers to extend blooming throughout spring’s entireness. Explore the canals, functioning windmill and indoor pavilions highlighting various grower competitions. See the beautiful landscapes from water level in a whisper boat ride (not included) on the shallow water routes that weave through the park. Ample free time affords opportunities to enjoy lunch (not included), your own picnic brought from home and souvenir shopping at some of the many locations within the park.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
|Mar||24 & 31|
|April||3, 7, 14 & 28|
|May||5 & 12|
| Dates of Note:
|22 Mar - 13 May||Orchid Show - Beatrix Pavilion|
|22 Mar - 13 May||Amaryllis Show - Willem-Alexander Pavilion|
|29 Mar - 03 Apr||Freesia Show - Oranje Nassau Pavilion|
|05 Apr - 10 Apr||Gerbera Show - Oranje Nassau Pavilion|
|12 Apr - 17 Apr||Rose Show - Oranje Nassau Pavilion|
|02 May - 07 May||Chrysanthemum & Calla Show: Oranje Nassau Pavilion|
|09 May - 13 May||Carnation & Summer Flower Show - Oranje Nassau Pavilion|
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0130
- Returns 2200
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є89 Adults
- Є79 Children 3-11 years
- Not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Dutch Breakfast
- Clara Maria Farm
- Traditional Cheese Making Demo
- Artisan Wooden Shoe Demo
- Entrance Keukenhof Flower Gardens
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals and beverages not mentioned above and items of a personal nature are not included.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.