Neuschwanstein & Hohenschwangau Castles • €99
Relax and enjoy the ride as our bus heads south to the beautiful region of Bavaria. The spectacular mountain scenery is guaranteed to take your breath away no matter the weather or season. Our journey takes us to the southern end of Germany’s Romantic Road to the town of Füssen. Here, nestled at the foot of the Alps, sit two of Mad King Ludwig's beautiful castles. Neuschwanstein Castle, the ultimate cliff-top retreat, is the more famous of the two and perhaps the most famous castle in the world. The grand and whimsical architecture elements inspire the imagination – the iconic fairy tale castle at the center of Walt Disney’s empire was even modeled after Neuschwanstein.
Our second stop will take us to Hohenschwangau Castle, King Ludwig’s childhood home and residence while he oversaw the construction of Neuschwanstein across the valley. The castle has mostly operated as a museum since the family left residence, leaving the furnishings uniquely untouched. We will enjoy a guided tour at both castles and learn all about the amazing fortresses and the King who called them home. Plenty of free time will be available throughout the day to explore on your own, shop for souvenirs, and enjoy a meal and the beautiful alpine views.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
|April||5 & 22||Oct|
|Jun|| 10 & 27
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0300
- Returns 2300
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є99 Adults
- Є79 Children 3-11 years
- Not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Hohenschwangau Castle guided tour
- Neuschwanstein Castle guided tour
- Marvelous alpine scenery
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals and beverages not mentioned above and items of a personal nature are not included.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour may include moderate uphill walking.