WWII Military History • €79
Our first stop will take us to the Dachau Concentration Camp and WWII Memorial on a journey through the stark reality of Germany’s darkest period. Located ten miles northwest of Munich, Dachau was the first Nazi concentration camp and served as the prototype for all the future labor and extermination camps to follow. Through a film and self-guided audio tour you will be given a sobering sense of the inhumane treatment and terrible suffering that went on in the camp. During its 12 years of operation at Dachau, more than 200,000 prisoners passed through the camp, and 41,500 were murdered, until their liberation by two divisions of the US Seventh Army on April 29, 1945.
Next we journey on to Munich, the true heart and unofficial capital of southern Germany. After an orientation tour of the city, you’ll be free to explore its treasures. Climb the 306 steps of the bell tower of the Church of St. Peter, and you’ll be rewarded with the best panoramic view of the city and the nearby Alps; visit the Hofbräuhaus for a quintessential Bavarian experience of sausage and a “Mass” of beer, or enjoy one of the many museums within walking distance of the Marienplatz, the central square of the city, which also offers the world’s largest working “Glockenspiel" (season permitting).
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0330
- Returns 2330
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є79 Adults
- Є69 Children 3-12 years
- Not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Dachau Concentration Camp
- Camp audio tour & film
- Munich city orientation tour
- Free time
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes long periods of walking.