Medieval Dinner & Castle Tour • €89
Our trip begins with direct travel to the Mosel Valley through some of the country’s most picturesque landscapes and most productive wine regions. Our first stop in the town of Cochem will be a visit to an award winning, 18th century Mustard Mill. Here, we will learn how mustard miller, Wolfgang Steffens, produces an outstanding range of gourmet mustard's using select ingredients, historic recipes and artisanal techniques. A demonstration will provide the chance to peek over the miller’s shoulder and see for yourself how mustard is made, then sample these delicious condiments (included)!
After some free time in town, we venture on to the castle perched high above the town. Burg Reichsburg is over 1000 years old and proclaimed by local lore to be the original "Sleeping Beauty" castle. After a castle tour with a local guide (included) we will dig into a festive medieval-style dinner (included) in the Knight’s Dining Hall. This tasty regional meal features rye bread with schmaltz spread, beef soup, a turkey leg, flat bread, cheese, nuts and grapes. Wine will be served in a souvenir wine mug (beer and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase). We will be entertained throughout the meal with bawdy stories about medieval table manners and enjoy live entertainment before the Knight’s Games begin after dinner.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
|Feb||Aug|| 25 Wine Fest in Cochem
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 1300
- Returns 0130 (next day)
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є89 Adults
- Є69 Youth 12-17 years
- Not recommended for children under 12 years of age. This program is not designed for young children.
- Please see our Cochem Family Special if you are interested in a program geared towards families with young children.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Mustard Mill visit with demonstrations and samples
- Castle tour
- Medieval Dinner with live entertainment
- Souvenir wine mug
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals and beverages not mentioned above and items of a personal nature are not included.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- Tour may include steep uphill walking.