Where Beer & Culture Connect • €69
We can't wait to take you to Cologne, fourth largest city in Germany, major cultural hub, home to over 1 million people and 5 million visitors a year. Our first stop will be Cologne Cathedral, the most visited landmark in Germany. This grand Gothic church took over 600 years to complete, boasts the highest vaults ever achieved, largest facade in the world and survived over 34,000 tons of ordinance that pelted the city in WWII. If you're feeling adventurous, be sure to climb the narrow 509 step staircase to the top of one of the twin towers for the best view in the city.
Next, we'll visit a typical Old Town Brewery Pub, where we'll enjoy a traditional lunch (included) and get to taste the famous Kölsch beer (included), a local specialty unique to Cologne. The rest of the afternoon is free to stroll the winding streets of Old Town and find small plazas with sweeping views of the Rhine and quaint colorful buildings. Within easy walking distance are many shops and sites such as the Perfume Museum, Chocolate Museum or Ludwig Museum of Modern Art, which holds an extensive collection of Picasso works.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0700 hrs
- Returns 2100 hrs
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є69 Adults
- Є59 Children 3-11 years
- Є49 Children 0-2 years (without meal)
- Not recommended for children under 3 years of age
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Cologne Cathedral Visit (1hr self-guided tour)
- Brewery Lunch
- Sample of Kölsch Beer
- Free Time to Explore Town
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes moderate walking.