Day Trip • €89
Your time in Germany isn’t complete without a trip to the Black Forest! As we travel through dense forest and picturesque villages you’ll see why this beautiful region inspired the backdrops of many Brothers Grimm fairy tales. Our first stop will take us to the Dorotheenhütte, the last glassworks in the Black Forest that still manufactures mouth blown glass. Watch the craftsmen giving demonstrations or try blowing your own glass treasures before lunch is served (included).
Next we travel to the Vogtsbauernhof Outdoor Museum where culture and history comes to life. On a self-guided tour, visit traditional buildings that resemble how life was lived in past centuries in this rugged region. What would a day in the Black Forest be without a stop at one of the largest clock shops? Visit with us Family Herr and their cuckoo clock workshop where they create new designs and reproduce the classical clock models. Please take a VAT form if you are thinking of making one of those beautiful clocks your souvenir. Our final stop Triberg, is a charming little city that lies in the center of the Black Forest, famous for housing Germany’s largest waterfalls and serving the best Black Forest cake.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
|April||1 & 29||Oct||TBA|
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0600
- Returns 2200
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є89 Adults
- Є79 Children 6-17 years
- Є69 Children 3-5 years
- Not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Dorotheenhütte Glass blowing factory & Museum with ‘hands-on’ workshop
- Vogtsbauernhof Open Air Historic Museum
- Black Forest Clock Shop
- Visit the town of Triberg
- RTT Tour Guide
- Regional Lunch (see below)
Meal options to choose at time of booking:
- Adults: Crispy Pork Leg, Maultaschen or Vegetarian option
- Child’s Meal: Chicken Schnitzel
- Meals and beverages not mentioned above and items of a personal nature are not included.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes moderate walking.