A day in Bavaria • €TBA
Bamberg is a delightful city in upper Franconia and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city is stretched over 7 hills and therefore fondly referred to as Franconian Rome but also has an area known as little Venice! Complete with Gondolas this city brings together both tourists and citizens who enjoy architecture, beer and cuisine. Once home to the USAG-Bamberg with 9000 Americans, the city still expresses a deep fondness for the American military and kindly refers to the city as not being the same without the Americans!
Join our local Guide for a stroll through the beautiful baroque center. The stunning buildings illustrate Bamberg’s interesting past. Nine breweries offer more than 50 different beers including the famous “smoked beer” where our city walk will end with a special tasting. Afterwards free time is offered and if shopping is amongs your favorite things to do, you are in for a treat. Antiques, clothing, jewelry can be found in the city center and merchants are very familiar with the VAT program. Enjoy a boat ride down the river, a walk along the cobblestone streets admiring the architecture or simply relax in a café or brew house before we start our journey back home.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
2018 DeparturesDates for this tour TBA
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs TBA
- Returns TBA
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- ЄTBA Adults
- ЄTBA Children
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- RTT Tour Guide
- Additional included items TBA
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes moderate walking.