Day Trip • €89
Travel with us for an unforgettable excursion to the Champagne Region of France! Our first stop of the day will be the Museum of Surrender (included for ID card holders), which commemorates the collapse of German military power in 1945. Next we visit the beautiful and commanding Cathedral of Notre Dame, one of Europe’s most stunning examples of 13th century Gothic architecture. The next couple of hours are yours to spend some free time to explore the sights, shops and French Brasseries for a meal.
There are many sparkling wines which claim to be champagne, but only “bubbles” produced in this region are given the honored title of “Champagne”. Since 1693 through to contemporary times, champagne has been paired with luxury and festivities the world over. After lunch, we will visit a traditional champagne house, alternating the champagne house of Pommery in Reims or Moet& Chandon of Epernay, where our local guide will take us into the maze of underground cellars for an in-depth look at how champagne is developed, aged and bottled. Our tour will finish with a tasting of the famous French Champagne. Before we depart there will be time for shopping the cellars boutique for your favorite vintages, gifts and associated luxury items.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
|Month||Date||Champagne House||Month||Date||Champagne House|
|Feb||10||See Valentines Special||Aug|| 11
|April||14||Moet & Chandon||Oct||13||TBA|
|May||12||Moet & Chandon||Nov|
|Jun||9||Moet & Chandon||Dec|
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0630 hrs
- Returns 2200 hrs
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є89 Adults
- Є79 Children 3-11 years
- Not recommended for children
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- Notre Dame of Reims
- Museum of Surrender
- Guided Champagne Cellar tour
- Champagne Tasting (one glass, adults only)
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals and beverages not mentioned above and items of a personal nature are not included.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.