Versatile and Vibrant, this small island nation has much to offer. Malta is very tourist friendly and with a high accessible culture as English is widely spoken among the Maltese as an unofficial language. People here live life at a relaxed pace, spending many hours outdoors, patronizing local wine bars socializing and engaging in passionate political debates. This 4000 year old island, only about 30 kilometers long, is packed with amazing culture, food and historical sites, all of which we’ll explore on this 5 day trip…
Day 1: We depart Frankfurt on a morning flight with Lufthansa to Valletta. Upon arrival we will check in to our 4 star hotel where we spend the evening and enjoy dinner (included) at the hotel.
Day 2: After breakfast (included), depart for a whole day excursion in Valletta, the only world capitol completely under UNESCO World Heritage protection. We’ll see the facade of the Grand Master’s Palace, which anchors the landscape of downtown Valletta and visit the Archeological Museum for an understanding of Malta’s place as an island in the crossroads of the Mediterranean. Explore St. John’s Co-cathedral to find the huge Caravaggio masterpiece, “The Beheading of John the Baptist”. Next take a break to enjoy lunch (included) at a downtown restaurant before enjoying some free tome to stroll the shopping districts. At around 5 p.m. we will return to the hotel to freshen up before gathering for a buffet dinner at the hotel (included). The night is still young! Take a stroll along the ocean front boardwalk or into town for a sampling of some Maltese wine bars and local atmosphere.
Day 3: After breakfast (included), enjoy a whole day adventure to Gozo by bus and ferry. Your Maltese adventure would not be complete without a visit to Malta’s sister island of Gozo. The scenery and culture here is very different from that of Malta, the capitol city of Victoria will amaze you with sites like the Citadel, imposing ruins of Ggantija, panoramic wonders of Fungus Rock, Inland Sea and the Azur Window. Your lunch of Gozitanic specialties (included) will tickle your taste buds with local cheese in various forms (fresh, dried and marinated in pepper, vinegar and oil), fresh and sun-dried tomatoes, onions, capers, olives and oil, the flavorful Maltese bread and local wines, and a wonderful dessert – a MUST for every visitor! Return at about 5:30 p.m. to your resort hotel. Dinner tonight (included) is in a local restaurant with Maltese specialties, just a short walk away from the hotel.
Day 4: After breakfast (included) we depart the hotel for a whole day outing to Mdina and Rabat. Included in this excursion are visits to the interesting botanical gardens of San Anton and the handiwork center at Ta Qali (shopping!). Mdina was the former capitol of the 30 mile-long island and remains a mecca for lovers of beautiful scenery and winding old-town streets. We’ll also visit St. Paul’s Cathedral and maybe take in a special exhibition of copperplate engravings and woodcuts by the German master, Albrecht Dürer. With its abbeys and palaces, Mdina resembles more a fortress than a town. Nearby see the town of Rabat with its quaint streets and buildings, be sure to stroll through the narrow winding streets, take in the architecture and take note of the extraordinary door knockers! Lunch opportunities are provided (not included). We return to the resort hotel at about 5:30 p.m. for the hotel buffet dinner (included). After dinner take the opportunity to sample more of the Maltese night scenery with a trip by bus to downtown Valletta, or stroll the local boardwalk.
Day 5: After hotel check out and breakfast (included), we travel to the airport and return on on a midday flight with Lufthansa directly back to Frankfurt.
Not currently scheduled for this year
Flight departs Frankfurt airport, details provided upon booking confirmation.
Bus transfer option to/from Frankfurt airport: round-trip €TBA per person
€TBA Children 3-11 years of age
Not recommended for children under the age of 3 years
• Round trip flight from Frankfurt to Valletta, Malta
• 20 kg (44 pounds) luggage allowance
• National and international security and airport taxes
• All transfers in Malta
• 4 overnights in a 4-star hotel with private facilities
• 4 breakfasts at the resort hotel
• 1 lunch in downtown Valetta
• 1 lunch at “Ta Rikardu” on Gozo
• 2 dinner buffets in the hotel
• 1 restaurant dinner with regional specialties
• Excursions as per itinerary, including transportation in air-conditioned busses sightseeing and entrance fees.
• Local, English-speaking tour guide
• Service of an RTT tour escort
• Tips and items of a personal nature
• Meals not mentioned
• Beverages with lunches and dinners
• Single room supplement: €89
• Insurance (several packages are available at RTT)
• Optional excursions: harbor cruise (about €25) and the fishing village of Marsaxlokk (about €20)
• Bus transfer option to/from Frankfurt: round trip from Ramstein Air Base: €50 per person
Cancellation & Change Policy
• From the day of booking until to 60 days before beginning of the trip – €150 per person
• 61-31 days prior to departure: 25% per person
• 30-16 days prior to departure: 55% of the tour price
• 15-7 days prior to departure: 75% of the tour price
• 6-3 days prior to departure: 95% of the tour price
• Later Cancellations - No refunds.
• No Show - No Refund
All USA travelers must possess a valid US tourist passport, valid until 6 months after the tour ends, with at least two empty visa pages. Other nationalities are required to check with the Maltese embassy for proper travel documents.
- Bus travel is a daily part of this tour.
- Much is accomplished on foot.Conditions are not conducive to handicapped travelers or those with walking difficulties.
- If tour costs increase unexpectedly, RTT reserves the right to pass these on to the customer up to 10% of the tour price.
- MINIMUM OF 20 ADULT PASSENGERS NEEDED TO CONFIRM THIS TOUR