A New 3 Day Bavarian Extravaganza! • €299
Join RTT and guests from all over the world in Munich for Oktoberfest, the most famous of all German festivals!
Day 1: Upon arrival at the Oktoberfest, Thrill seekers can challenge their senses on the adrenaline-pumping rides and foodies won’t be disappointed by the spread here either; roasted chickens, sausages and pretzels are just a few of the highlights. After walking the fairgrounds and working up a thirst on your food crawl, enjoy a beer in one of the mammoth beer tents for the quintessential Oktoberfest experience. After squeezing every last drop of fun out of the first day at Oktoberfest we’ll check in to our hotel, around 1900 hrs, in the alpine region of Grainau, directly under the Zugspitze mountain and enjoy a hearty dinner.
Day 2: In the morning, wake to the beautiful alpine view and enjoy a generous Bavarian breakfast buffet. The day is yours to explore. A shuttle transfer is set up to take us either to Garmisch Partenkirchen where the cog rail train to the Zugspitze - Germany’s highest mountain awaits or stay in the Bus and with our tour guide, explore a different side of Munich including a stroll through downtown Munich and the well-known Nymphenburg Castle. Who say’s you cannot enjoy Oktoberfest fun for two days in a row? Just pace yourself as we have a traditional Bavarian evening all planned out for you. Back at our Hotel, enjoy a proper regional variety of Haxe, Pork roast with Dumplings and the famous German cabbage (Sauerkraut). The culinary delight will be accompanied by traditional Bavarian life Music. Sway on your seat or practice your dancing skills with the famous Bavarian “Schuaplattla."
Day 3: So, how do they make the Beer? After sleeping in and enjoying another typical hearty breakfast, we laid the ground work to check out a very famous Bavarian craft; we journey to the Monetary of Andechs and witness how the Monks from the holy mountain brew the famous Bavarian beer. From mild, harmonious & malty, at times a bit tangy, to mouth coating, velvety and strong – they have a brew for every taste. Here you will have free time to explore on your own or perhaps sample the local Andechser delicacies before we start our journey home.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
2018 Departures06-08 October
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 0430
- Returns 2100
Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB.
Please park at the designated long-term parking area (nearest the roundabout), your tour guide will provide you with a parking pass to place on your dashboard.
- Є299 per person sharing double/twin room
- €329 per person single room
- €259 per child age 3-11 sharing room with 2 adults
- Not recommended for children due to the nature of the event
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- 2 Overnights in traditional Bavarian Hotel hotel (local standard)
- 2 Breakfasts Buffets
- 1 Dinner (day 1)
- 1 Festive Dinner “Bavarian style” (Day 2) with traditional live music
- Bus transfers Munich & Garmisch
- Brewery Tour at Kloster (Monetary Andechs)
- Beer samples during brewery visit
- RTT Tour Guide
- Meals & beverages not mentioned under "Included Items" and items of a personal nature.
Tent reservations are not included/provided as a part of this tour. Making tent reservations in advance is highly recommended.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €50 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No Refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes long periods of walking.
- Families please note: This event is not stroller friendly.
Tent reservations are not included/provided as a part of this tour. Making tent reservations in advance is highly recommended, please click here if you would like to make your own tent reservations.