World's Largest Wine Fest • €39
Travel directly to Bad Durkheim for an evening of festival entertainment, fun and good eats and wine in abundance!. The Bad Dürkheim Wurstmarkt is one of the largest and most traditional public festivals in Germany, amost 600 years old and considered one of the main events of the year in the Pfalz region. Entertainment, along with the wine, is one of the distinctive features of the festival. There are lots of great bands, and the carnival attractions add to the fun! You can enjoy over 150 different wines in over 50 places – from the mellow Riesling to the finest icewein, and from large wine halls to small traditional wooden stands and the cozy “wine village”. Beer drinkers fear not, if you aren’t a wine drinker, a variety of German beer is also available.
Musical entertainment is provided inside large fest tents for various tastes, and the young and young-at-heart will find plenty to move to. The carnival attractions shine their lights and entice riders and players until late into the evening. Take time between glasses of wine and thrill rides to enjoy a short walk to the Michaelskapelle (St. Michael’s Chapel), which sits on the Michaelsberg above the market. Up until the 15th century, pilgrims walked up the hill on St. Michael’s Day. This is the origin of the Wurstmarkt festival. Whatever else you do – don’t forget to take a look at the Dürkheimer Fass, the largest wine barrel in the world!
We leave the Wurstmarkt around 11 p.m. to allow as much time as possible to enjoy the fest.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
2018 Departures08 September
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs 1730
- Returns 2400 / Midnight
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- Є39 All Passengers
- Not recommended for children.
- Round Trip Coach
- RTT Escort
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes long periods of walking and standing.