Available for Private Group BookingsJoin RTT on this special tour to Bruges for the Procession of the Holy Blood. This ritual has endured many centuries, continuing to depict the passion and resurrection of Jesus Christ each year. Of the many stories told about how the cloth stained with the blood of Christ arrived in Bruges, the most popular one recounts the Count of Flanders, Thierry d ‘Alsace, retrieving it during the second crusade. The relic was presented to him by his brother-in-law Baldwin III of Jerusalem, relocated to St. Basil the Great’s basilica and put under the protection of the Noble Brotherhood of the Holy Blood.
The relic is displayed on Fridays, before and after mass to be honored by the faithful. The pinnacle of this age-old ritual is celebrated on Ascension Day, when bishops and prelates carry the shrine through the streets of Bruges in a colorful procession. Bells ring out as the clerics and 1,500 faithful, dressed in medieval costumes, pass through the cobblestone streets. The day will also provide plenty of free time to explore all the cultural delights of Bruges. Beautiful architecture, Belgian chocolate, microbreweries, museums, great food and more can all be found in this magical medieval town.
Please check the departure status of your tour prior to booking.
- This tour is not scheduled for our program this year.
- For information about how to book this program for your Squadron or Private Group, please click here.
Pick Up Time & Place:
- Departs TBA
- Returns TBA
- Main Chapel Parking Lot, Ramstein AFB. Please park toward center of the lot.
- ЄTBA Adults
- ЄTBA Children 3-11 years
- Round Trip Deluxe Coach
- RTT Tour Guide
- Additional included items TBA
- Meals & beverages not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
- From day of booking until 14 days prior €15 of tour price, per person.
- From 13 days until 2 days prior 50% of tour price, per person.
- Later Cancellations - No refunds.
- No Show - No Refund
- All participants must be in possession of a valid US tourist passport during the tour.
- German law requires ALL child passengers, regardless of size or age, to have a seat on a bus and use an approved safety seat provided by the customer.
- This tour includes moderate walking.